Sunday, December 23, 2007

Poping, Tony Blair and the Coat

Yes, it is official: Tony Blair has "poped". I don't gainsay the man for former decisions. I realized this morning on a coffee run to Starbucks that I had a perfectly good -- and expensive -- leather winter coat that a homeless friend who frequents the same caffeine dispensery might make use of.

I asked him to follow me out to the car and we spoke of children's excitement now, two days before Christmas Morning. I pulled the coat out from the backseat, told him I got it last year and that I never wear it. Could he use it, or maybe he knew someone who could use it? He was appreciative and I wish him a Merry Christmas and God's blessing.

Funny thing is: I felt and still feel he was doing me a favor accepting the coat. Maybe Blair feels the same way joining Mother Church. Conversion is a continuous, lifelong affair. Maybe Blair knows that it is high time to move in the right direction. The same way I knew that that Territory Ahead coat didn't belong to me. It was my homeless friend's all along.

No comments: