Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ms. King, Abortion, I Wun, and Chivalry

Dr. Alveda King, MLK, Jr.'s niece writes,

Let me begin by telling you that two of 50 million children taken away by abortionists since 1973 were mine. I can still see them in my mind's eye.

Like many black women, I once believed the doctor who told me my babies were no more than "a blob of tissue." I wanted to believe it. Eventually, I realized I was wrong, that I was a secondary victim of abortion. I repented and found healing through God. Today, I work in the civil rights movement of the our century -- the right of every one of every race to live.

I am asking you to join me. Let me tell you why. Abortion and racism are evil twins, born of the same lie. Where racism now hides its face in public, abortion is accomplishing the goals of which racism only once dreamed. Together, abortionists are destroying humanity at large and the black community in particular. MORE >>>

Now here's the thing: the current Administration has stated that "the culture wars" are "so 90's". What this means in Obama-speak is that they are taking no prisoners. Do the change quick. Don't think. Just do it. Now. Fast. Then don't think about it again. Or else.

Well, Mr. President, No. The culture wars are NOT "so 90's". And they will not be over as long as those who know that true freedom, true happiness, true human Joy is obedience to and faithful, hopeful, loving belief in Jesus Christ and His revealed Truth vouchsafed by the Catholic Magisterium. Your project, Mr. President, is merely the next humanist effort to supplant that Catholic truth and it, too, will fail just like the others that tried and failed.

And there are many chivalrous souls who will make sure you discover that. I am one of them. And, apparently, so is Dr. Alveda King. Bravo for her.

No comments: