Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gnostic Puer in Chief

As I have said before, we elected a puer to the office of President of the United States. Now, watch him fly.

Interestingly, he's flying ... to extend the olive branch to Hugo Chavez and to Iran's leaders and people.

I don't gainsay I Wun's desire to get along with others on the world stage. But his utter naivete to anthropological realities - the problem of the model/rival doubles, for one - combined with a romantic Gnosticism - if I can think it, educate and/or coerce sufficiently, it can come to pass - is especially worrisome.

What will happen when I Wun's through-the-looking-glass world shatters, as it must? Or, does he truly think he is more than a mere mortal and possesses powers of unifying harmony and prescience that transcend centuries of tribalism, anthropological realities, and millenia of human fallenness?

Time will tell.

No comments: