Saturday, December 22, 2007

Steyn Doesn't Get Much Better Than This

Faith and Science – Collectively Barren:

(I)f Christianity is merely a "myth", it's a perfectly constructed one, beginning with the decision to establish Christ's divinity in the miracle of His birth. The obligation to have children may be a lot of repressive Catholic mumbo-jumbo, but it's also highly rational. What's irrational is modern EUtopia's indifference to new life.

I recently had a conversation with an EU official who, apropos a controversial proposal to tout the Continent's religious heritage in the new constitution, kept using the phrase "Europe's post-Christian future". The evidence suggests that, once you reach the post-Christian stage, you don't have much of a future. Luke, a man of faith and a man of science, could have told them that.

2 comments:

James said...

I'm a geologist and a Catholic. I've always found that the more I learn of science, the more I see the proof of Gods existence and power. People who view science as the means to take you beyond religion are being willfully ignorant.

Genevieve said...

Exactly!! How do they explain the order and harmony that exists in the universe?