Thursday, June 11, 2009

Another Thing Coming

Even though Representative Randy Forbes rebuts the claim that we are no longer a Judeo-Christian nation, we must examine - structurally - the direction the executive leadership is taking the United States.

Let us suppose, if I were in the highest office in the land, just for the sake of novelistic fantasy, I wanted to send a clear and unequivocal message to those who applauded the horrors of 9/11/01. How might I do so?

I might (literally) fly to a country renowned for the on-going repression and discrimination of its Coptic Christian citizens and give a speech there. I would cunningly apply the tools of cultural manipulation out of resentment against America.

Meanwhile back home, I would further destabilize the country I purport to lead by printing more and more money sending it farther and farther into national debt.

Oh, yes; I think my favorite touch: I would send my private plane into a low flight plan over the very heart of the city where the mayhem of 9/11 took place.

All the while, my talk and mien would be sober, consoling, magisterial. My themes would always be prudent, just, confidence-building. But never mind the themes.

For those who keep their eyes on the structure involved, there would be another thing coming.

No comments: