Sunday, April 4, 2010

4 Quotes for an Easter Afternoon

1.

“So after I signed the bill, I looked around. I looked up at the sky to see if asteroids were coming. I looked down at the ground to see if any cracks had opened up in the ground.

"It turned out to be a pretty nice day. Birds were still chirping. Folks were strolling down the street. Nobody had lost their doctor, nobody had pulled the plug on granny, nobody was being dragged away to be forced into some government plan.”

- President Barrack Obama

2.

A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

— Mark Twain

3.

"We are not baptized into the hierarchy; do not receive the Cardinals sacramentally, will not spend an eternity in the beatific vision of the pope. Christ is the point. I, myself, admire the present pope, but even if I criticized him as harshly as some do, even if his successor proved to be as bad as some of those who have gone before, even if I find the Church, as I have to live with it, a pain in the neck, I should still say that nothing a pope (or a priest) could do or say would make me wish to leave the Church although I might well wish that they would leave."

- Frank Sheed

4.

"If it don't play in the cancer ward, it ain't the Gospel."

- Carlyle Marney

No comments: